Ads by AdBrite

Your Ad Here

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lord of Arcana

FILE SIZE: 687.4 MB
FILE TYPE: CSO


Lord of Arcana is an upcoming action game from Square Enix for the PSP. The battle system has been compared to the extremely popular Monster Hunter franchise and I found it really enjoyable when I played through a dungeon at the Square Enix booth on the TGS show floor.

To start, I was able to customize the way my character looked and what weapon he wielded. I decided to make an emo version of Ryan Clements and gave him a giant axe for ultimate hacking power. After tweaking the character, I spawned in a linear dungeon with treasure chests scattered around that contained health potions. In order to progress through the cave, I had to kill guardian monsters that were blocking my path. The game eased me into the combat system by pitting me against some easy monsters while I learned the ins and outs of attacking, locking onto enemies, dodging and using items.

There are two types of attacks that you can chain together and a wicked awesome finishing move to trigger if you hit the O button fast enough. Each finishing move appears to be unique depending on the enemy you're massacring at the moment. There's also a meter at the bottom of the screen called the Bahamut, and once that meter is filled up you can release "the Ultimate Spell" that does a decent amount of damage and also looks really cool. Although the level was pretty repetitive, I still enjoyed beating the crap out of the crazy creatures inhabiting the area.

The battle system in Lord of Arcana makes you feel powerful, so it's really fun to trounce enemies left and right. Eventually I made it to the boss – a giant dragon (seriously, I feel like every boss is a dragon) that I had to wear down by hitting his weak points and then finish off by successfully tapping face buttons at the right time. Mister Dragon was a challenge, but I had a good grasp of how everything worked so I was able to defeat him without getting frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment